Cooperation with state authorities
Cooperation with state authorities was very successful. It refers mainly to government administration and representatives of Embassy of India in Poland and Embassy of Poland in India. Support for UW gave also Embassy of India in Belgium, Luxemburg, EU and local government of metropolitan city of Warsaw.
a) UW all the time cooperated with Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland. This cooperation manifested in following forms:
- participation of representative of Ministry in conference and seminars organized by CCIRS (Director and Vice - Director of Department of Asia and Pacific took part in conference in April and November 2010, in seminar in May). Employees of Ministry of Foreign Affairs also took part in conference and seminars in September and in conference about doing business in India in November 2010. Ministry was as well present on inauguration of CCIRS (vice - minister, undersecretary of state, dr Paweł Wojciechowski) and on April on meeting with representatives of consortium (undersecretary of state, Krzysztof Stanowski).
- participation of represantive of Ministry in Supervisory Board of CCIRS (Director and vice - Director of Department of Asia and Pacific)
- regular meetings and talks about upcoming initiatives of CCIRS and Ministry. Those meetings have working character and take part between chairperson of CCIRS dr Jakub Zajączkowski and Director of Departament of Asia and Pacific. Moreover there were meetings between authorities of IIR (prof Włodzimierz Lengauer and prof Edward Haliżak) and Director of Department of Asia and Pacifica.
- support from Ministry and Embassy of Poland in India in preparation inauguration of CCIRS in India on 14 January 2010
- Minister of Foreign Affairs took patronage over inauguration of CCIRS on 28 January 2010
- Ministry and Embassy of Poland in India support two scientific conferences which will take place in India on 10 and 14 January 2011 in Calcutta and New Delhi. Ministry and Embassy also support preparation of scientific visit representative of CCIRS dr Jakub Zajączkowski, dr Bogusław Zaleski and prof Edward Haliżak in India in January 2011.
- dr Jakub Zajączkowski was part of delegation of Ministry of Foreign Affairs to India in July 2011, during meeting Minister of External Affairs, S.M. Krishna declared his support for the Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies at the Warsaw University
b) cooperation with Ministry of Economy
- represantives of Ministry of Economy (Bilateral International Cooperation) took part in inauguration of CCIRS and in seminar about doing business in India which took place on 22 November 2010. Besides Waldemar Pawlak, Vice - Prime Minister and Minister of Economy took patronage on grand inauguration of CCIRS on 28 January 2010.
c) cooperation with Ministry of Science and Higher Education
- participation of undersecretary of state prof Janusz Szwed in inauguration of CCIRS on 28 January 2010 in Warsaw. Participation of representative of Ministry in meeting of Advisory Board during meeting of Research and Studies Council on 13 April 2010 (Director Department of International Cooperation and European Integration, Monika Rzepecka). Prof Barbara Kudrycka (Minister of Science and Higher Education) took patronage over inauguration of CCIRS.
d) cooperation with local authorities
- representatives of authorities of metropolitan city Warsaw took part in grand inauguration of CCIRS and conference about doing business in India on 22 November 2010 in Warsaw
e) cooperation with Embassy of India in Poland
- from beginning of the project UW and CCIRS cooperate with Embassy of India in Poland. Consul of India in Poland Rajesh Vaishnaw, I Secretary of Embassy (at that time He fulfill duties of Ambassador) took part in grand inauguration of CCIRS on 28 January 2010 in Warsaw.
- Ambassador of India, Deepak Vohra and Consul, Rajesh Veishnaw took part in meeting of Research and Studies Council in April 2010 and meeting of Research Groups in November 2010. Rajesh Veishnaw also took part in seminar about democracy and foreign policy of India. Ambassador of India, Deepak Vohra, took part in conference about economy of India on 28 September 2010. Earlier His Excellency Ambassador took part in conference on 31 May 2010 together with Ambassador of India at European Commission.